Hello and welcome to my online portfolio
I specialize in drawing and designing robots and mechanical objects like toys. I have a considerable amount of experience in book illustration with more than 30 books illustrated for Scholastic. LEGO Magazine fans may recognize my style from the more than 200 pages of comics I have illustrated including 7 years of Star Wars comics. I was previously a senior artist at video game company, Cyberlore Studios, for 9 years where I contributed to 15 games.
I have a BFA in Illustration and animation from the Columbus College of Art and Design and continue to expand my knowledge and education whenever possible thanks to Lynda.com. My skill set is diverse and includes two illustration styles. One cartoon style for comic books and another digital painting style for more serious subjects. Please see my portfolio for samples of both. You may also request samples if you want to see something more specific to your needs. I am well versed in Adobe Creative Suite and am technically proficient so learning project specific tools is not a problem. My past video game experience involved concept art creation as well as 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation.
3D printing my own custom action figures called Mechanauts and Predanauts is my current passion. I have 2 small printers in my studio and use them to produce limited numbers of toys for release. You can see some of my handiwork in my portrait photo. It was easy for me to jump into the process thanks to my 3D modeling skills from the old video game days. I post a lot of my concept art and design sketches on Instagram.
Please contact me by e-mail if you have any questions or would like to discuss a possible project. Active clients are also welcome to call or video Skype. My studio is located in Easthampton, Massachusetts so I am available for in-person meetings in the Boston And New York areas.
- Scholastic (Mattel & LEGO properties)
- Holiday House
- Vicarious Visions (Activision & Hasbro properties)
- Mirage Studios (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Catalyst Game Labs (Battletech)
Video Game Highlights
- Transformers, War for Cybertron (Nintendo DS versions)
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries
- MechWarrior 4: Black Knight
- Baldur’s Gate II
- Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdome Sim
- LEGO Star Wars: Anakin to the Rescue
- Body Bones (with Shelley Rotner)
- Scholastic’s Hot Wheels Readers (21 books so far!)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics
- Battletech: Technical Readout: 3085
- Mecha Mania by Chris Hart
- Video Game Mania by Chris Hart
- 50 Robots to Draw and Paint